Thursday, September 10, 2009

School Started Yesterday







As I have every year since 1985, which was our first year in this house, I lined the kids up one by one in front of the counter and took their pictures. Rick is a senior this year, Angel is a junior and Brandon is in the 8th grade. Since this is Rick's last first day of school, I dug out his first first day of school picture (preschool) and slapped together a lo of the two pictures. I cried more with this year than I did Rick's first year, I cried for me having my baby grow up, I cried for my friend who lost her son and won't have a first day of school this year and I cried out of pride for Rick. It was a pretty emotional morning for me!
I used the very fun kit, "Recess Main Kit" from
Color Me Miki and a sketch from that wonderful sketch site Nuts About Sketches!






13 comments:

  1. Holy smokes!! He's growing like a beanstalk. I love this layout - the contrast is so cool! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your first day of school pictures. The layout is great with those two photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rebecca! Congrat's on the new blog. You are gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those photos are awesome! Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to take a photo in the same spot! I love the layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love how you took the photos in the same spot- that was clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, its great (and sometimes heartbreaking) to see how big our little ones get :-) Great LO, I really love the pp

    ReplyDelete
  8. a great idea. and i too like your layout. great story you have documented there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you on the first day of school water-working bonanza! My little one (son as well)just started kindergarten. I do not look forward to the day when I have to look up at my son to tell him he is doing something foolish.

    Beautiful layout! I love all of the little touches you put together on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww, how sweet and sad at the same time. I love the LO- wonderful!! I feel for your friend, I have a friend in the same situation, no first day for her oldest daughter, rest her soul, makes you cherish every moment even more

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love that. And great pics of all the kids. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!! I love it! I am always a sucker for "now and then" type of pages and yours is striking!!!

    ReplyDelete