Tuesday, January 24, 2012


Look at those little SuperHeros!  (Those little boys are now 20 and 16! But they are still keeping the streets of Manton safe!)  1999 and it seems like just yesterday the thrill of dressing up and taking on a new personality!  If only it really were that simple, just changing your clothes and adding a mask!

My challenge this week was on What's New Wednesday at Cookin' Up Creations.  This is also the month that we are "using up our stash", so at first I had a hard time coming up with something.  Then I thought about taking what we have and making a new embellishment out of it.  So I challenged the girls to take a tag and add some goodies and use it as an embellishment on their layouts.  I'm seeing lots of inspiration from the challenge. 


Sandy challenged us on Technique Thursday to use circles folded and then inked to add a little pop to our pages!  I was able to slide the circles right on to this layout to add a little something to it!  This is another layout from several years ago (again dressing up!) that has Angel and Brandon in the Church Christmas Play.  Angel is 19 now and doesn't wear fake ears!



All of the layouts that I'm showing you today are from a sketch class at Inspired To Scrap and the sketches are done by Stacey Lokovic!  I've really been enjoying the class, it's running for the entire month of January.

Remember the snow pictures that I showed you last week?  Stacey came up with a sketch that I thought was perfect to use them in.  I went with all cardstock so as not to distract at all from the pictures.  Keeping with Cookin' Up Creations theme this month this layout as well as the other two all are done using some older papers and embellies.


If you would like to see a recap of what the other four challenges were for last week you can visit Cookin Up Creations Blog and you can also learn about the Crop Chef Crop that is coming up in Februay!  It's open to anyone who wants to particpate!  I'd love to see you there!


Thanks for looking again this week, and if you want to see any of the pictures close up, all you have to do is click on them....

4 comments:

  1. Your photos are classics and they made me smile! Nice pages, I had never seen circles folded and inked that way but tags, yes, I do love tags and use them quite often too! :) Lovely creations Rebecca! Thank you for joining the WT hop this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lo's! Love the tag on the first one and you did awesome showing off those fab snow photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful rebecca! i love how your pictures are the starts of your pages!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you showcased those fabulous snow photos on your double page layout! And I love that you're scrapping those older photos of the kids.

    ReplyDelete