Sunday, January 15, 2012

New Year and New Layouts!

2012 came in like a lamb here in Northern MI.  We had very little snow and the temps were very mild.  This past Thursday we got dumped on leaving us with a large amount of fluffy snow.  Saturday morning dawned bright and sunny so Allan and I gathered up our camera (and change for Java!) and drove around taking snow pictures!  We took 54 but I'll just share two of my favorites with you:




If we sent out Christmas cards next year, I think this will be on the front:

So now back to scrapbooking!  I have been doing the every other day sketch challenges created by Stacey Lokovic at Inspired To Scrap.  I really enjoy creating from them but also seeing what Stacey's design team has come up with for each sketch.  Since this is a challenge participants are uploading their finished layouts so I also get to see others creations as well.  It's always amazing how many different layout takes can come from the same sketch.  That being said all of what I'm sharing with you today are from Stacey's Lakovic.

At Cookin' Up Creations it's Scrap Your Stash month and I'm really trying to reach deep into my stash to come up with my goodies to use.  The first two layouts are for a button challenge that BarbP aka Supermama gave to us.  The first one is my Brandon and his favorite Christmas ornament, and the buttons came from my MIL's button box.

The wooden buttons for the Good Morning 2012 I "jazzed" up a bit by inking them with Cats Eye Ink and dotting them with Blue Jean stickles.

Jeannie challenged us to take embellies and make them to by changing them up a bit, so I stickled up the popped up volleyball embellies with some stickles!  (I do love me some stickles!)


Brandon's layout used pictures from 2002 and I also used Jeannie's challenge on this layout, sprucing up the prima flowers with vinyl stickers. 


Bev challenged us to use up our stash and go with a theme so I created this layout using the theme water sports!  We live in Northern MI so tubing is about as close as we are ever going to get to surf boards!



So this week I'll be busy creating more layouts from my stash, you know I gotta make room for more!  Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy! I love all of the layouts, but especially the Good Morning 2012 with that happy polka dot background and, of course, the buttons! And the snow photos are outstanding; I think the second one should be on your Christmas card too

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! Just once I'd love to get that many layouts done! And all for challenges! .... I don't photograph my layouts, I scan them in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pages Rebecca! I wish I had thought of taking pictures on the morning of Jan. 1st because I love your layout "Good morning 2012" ~What a great idea that is! And your snow photos are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have been busy. Those are all so great! Love the design of Favorite and love the volleyball one!!

    ReplyDelete